Atrium 916 in collaboration with the Sacramento Metro Cable Commission, is producing a TV series that seeks to inspire future generations, our next citizens of planet earth. We are seeking enriching inspirational creative content that highlights our diverse, kind and eco-friendly culture in the Sacramento region.
Atrium 916 will be assessing Sacramento County submissions, creating one coherent TV series from selected entries. Submissions should be illuminating, enriching, showcasing ingenuity, compassion, and creativity.
The TV show of 20 episodes will be aired on KVIE, Metro 14 and Access Sacramento. and possibly more. Below is information on how to submit your content for consideration. The submission button is all the way down the bottom. Yes, purposefully, in hopes you read all the important info before you submit, so you have a successful submission.,
SUBMIT ONLY CONTENT YOU MADE OR LEGALLY OWN COPYRIGHT TO
WHAT IS THIS?
This enrichment TV series is a spotlight platform open to all Sacramento County creatives to submit engaging video content on creativity and how to be a good citizen of planet Earth. Showcasing the flavors of ingenuity, compassion, collaboration, and originality in our region. Creativity is no longer exclusive to a few individuals, nor is it exclusive to one set of people or skills; it is present in each and every one of us. This TV series is set to inspire creativity in all of us.
WHAT KIND OF VIDEO TO SUBMIT?
Dare to be creative, make something you think this generation and the next should know to help them be innovative and creative.
When adversity hits, creativity is what helps us pivot, evolve and adapt to new realities. Creativity is a survival skill. Amaze us on how to do things, or show us something most people don’t know. Seeking enrichment content for K-12 and beyond.
HOW MANY CAN I SUBMIT?
Each Creative may submit as many videos submissions as they want, but only up to 5 minutes of content will be approved for payment per artist. (We want to ensure we pay as many creatives as possible).
We recommend submitting multiple short videos of 1 to 2 minutes in length.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS AFTER THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED?
Each submission will be fairly assessed in three main phases: 1. Quality 2. Creative 3. Approved
1. Quality In this first phase submissions will be reviewed for sound quality, content, and steady camera work as well as ensure there are no possible copyright violations in the video and proper releases are attached. Once reviewed, two things will happen, either:
- The submission passed our quality check and will be moved to the next stage of development called creative, or
- The submission did not pass our quality check and the submitter will be invited to resubmit with fixes or submit something new. Don’t worry, we will let the submitter know via email why the submission didn’t pass phase one and what corrections are needed for quality approval.
2. Creative In the creative phase the Atrium will begin editing all the pieces together along with the creation of additional graphics and music uniting the various segments to create a cohesive tv series. Even though content may have passed the quality stage, it may not fit with the overall tv series and not move on to the final approval. If a submitter’s piece does not make the final cut, they will be notified via email.
3. Approved If a submission makes it into the final cut of the series, the content has a locked spot in the series and the submitter will be paid $2 per second of content used. A license agreement will be sent out and upon signing, payment quickly to follow.
WHERE CAN I FIND SOMEONE TO HELP ME
To find local filmmakers or studio space, we have a few organizations that can be a resource –
CFAA- Capital Film Arts Alliance – 916-600-6477
Access Sacramento – 916-456-8600
Sacramento City Film Office – Film Sac – 916-808-2676
Or check out this list of producers who are interested in collaborating with others. These are people with cameras and equipment, that have volunteered to add themselves to this list. We did not verify this list, just made it an easy way for people to connect. Remember to compensate each other kindly for the work done.
WHEN IS THIS HAPPENING?
Submissions for the TV series are now open. Sacramento creatives are invited to submit short form video content that is inspiring, cultural, enriching, creative and fit for K-12 youth. It can be in different languages but it must come from a creative who lives in Sacramento County.
HOW MUCH IS PAID?
$2 per second of approved content will be paid to creatives meaning video content of an approved 5 minute segment would be paid $600. We are striving to make this as equitable as possible, limiting how many approved videos one creative may be paid for. Collaborations are recommended as we are striving to pay as many creators as possible, ensure different lead creatives are on your collaboration for each submission. No more than 5 minutes per creative will be approved as content, but this could change depending on the volume of content we receive.
ARE YOU BUYING THIS CONTENT?
No. This is a license for your content. We are paying $2 per second for approved content as a licensee fee. This way if we are able to sell the TV series to another buyer (Cable TV or TOD) we can pay the creatives again. (Yay – more money!)
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
You can create great content using a good camera on your phone. We created this program with COVID in mind so people could film themselves or work in small socially distanced groups. We want to see and experience the knowledge and creativity of our Sacramento Region. Get Creative – we would love to see it. We do recommend a steady camera and great sound as these will be needed to pass quality control.
TALENT RELEASE FORMS
Sample release agreements to use.
Click on the green title to open the document.
Talent Release. -All people included in your video, this signifies you have the right to include these people in your submitted video.
Music Release – All music included in your video, this signifies you have the right to include all the music (if any) in the submitted video.
Art Release – All artwork included in the video, this signifies you have the right to include all art in the submitted video.
DO I NEED TO HAVE MUSIC?
No. no music – no worries. We will add music later when we edit all the pieces together. Make sure your sound is clear, your camera is stable and your content is engaging.
MAKE BETTER SUBMISSIONS - TIPS & RESOURCES
Click on any of the resource links below to help you deliver a successful submission using your phone.
CAPITAL FILM ALLIANCE TALK ON THE PROJECT
HOW IS THE CONTENT REVIEWED & ASSESSED?
1. QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- It is important the video sound is clear with very minimal background noise
- The Camera is steady, or the movement is intentional for creative purposes
- All things recorded have no copyright violation
- All people have a signed talent release and / or location release
1. CREATIVE ASSESSMENT
- Once passed Quality it will go into our editing phase where we will see how your quality content can match up to others and where it makes the most sense in the episode line-up.
- This will be a long process as we will be creating 500 minutes of TV for the series
- Once the TV series edit is locked, meaning we have found all the wonderful nuggets we need for production, we will inform all who have been approved and payment will be submitted.